Billboards are fine tools which small businesses can use to spread their messages in big-sized ways. But while billboards potentially can reach a lot of drivers, especially near busy roadways, they do have their limits.
For instance, some drivers may be paying more attention to the road and not their surroundings, or perhaps they have seen the same message so many times that they’ve stopped noticing it.
What if there was a way to offer a similar message but easily move it around, so it potentially can be seen by more people than whoever happens to drive down a particular street?
There is: it’s called the vehicle wrap. While putting a business name and logo on the side of a company car isn’t necessarily a new concept, today’s visual designers are able to create high-quality temporary or permanent coverings for some or all of a car. When it’s professionally installed, it not only gets noticed but gets admired.
It’s also a style that is becoming increasingly popular among businesses: according to the Outdoor Advertising Association of America, there were about 46,194 wrapped vehicle advertisers in 2017.
Here are some advantages to this style of advertising:
– High visibility. A car wrap can become a perfect traveling billboard, whether it’s on the road, in a parking lot or even taking part in a community parade. Employees can even schedule where the car should be parked or driven for maximum presence. Locations can include different partners, different employee homes or other locations for potential customers to see. There are plenty of venues in your community where you, or at least your branded car, can have a positive presence.
– Different messages. Some wrap companies may create a design that is difficult to change. But others may be designed especially with the ability for certain panels to be modified, such as different dates, slogans or promotions.
– Noticeable. Designers can work with all sorts of images, logos and text, so there’s plenty of opportunity to be creative and make something memorable that people always notice when they see it on the road. Innovations in vinyl technology have allowed the creation of a window wrap as well with similar messaging and graphics, so the driver can see out safely but people looking in will only see a logo or image.
– The more the merrier. While one car can be a showcase and an ambassador of sorts, a whole fleet can create even more attention, especially if they all have the same bright color or all are a certain model. Different employees can take them different places, or they can look impressive together.
– Durability. Beyond the visual excitement vehicle wraps can generate, they also can provide a functional purpose. If installed correctly, wraps can help protect your car’s exterior from the elements and even damage. Many modern wraps are designed to last several years before the image starts fading and the adhesive begins to give way. However, most businesses choose to update their graphics and messaging before that happens.
– Affordable. Even as quality has improved for vehicle wraps, the price remains within reach to most small and medium sized businesses looking to increase visibility and awareness along their normal routes.
Please contact AMI Graphics to learn more about customized auto wraps and other useful visual marketing tools for your small business.